With more than 17 years of experience in the guiding and hospitality industries I would love to assist you with not only planning and conceptualising your dream travel experience but also personally guide you throughout the itinerary to ensure that your next adventure is about you.
Whether your focus is on photography or you are more interested in an interpretive nature experience I will add a fun, professional and unique dimension to your experience and you can rest assured that the Wild Eye team will be there every step of the way to assist with logistics and arrangements and to give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your entire travel experience is taken care of.
About Wild Eye
I started Wild Eye in 2012 along with Jono Buffey and Andrew Beck and we set out to refresh the photographic, travel and private guiding industries by focusing on providing a professional service that is also fun and relaxed. In the beginning, we offered a few courses and photographic safaris and aimed to grow not only our offerings but also create a platform for qualified and experienced guides to continue growing their brand in the photographic safari industry.
Wild Eye has grown over the years to a company with 9 full-time guides, full logistics and safari operations teams in both our Johannesburg and Nairobi offices as well as our very own authentic piece of Africa – the Wild Eye Mara Camp.
Our service offering now includes not only scheduled expeditions, tours and safaris but also bespoke privately guided tours, a general travel consultancy division, as well as photographic courses and workshops. We’re different to other photographic travel and safari operators because every single one of our tours worldwide is hosted by a full time employed Wild Eye guide. Your travel and photographic experience will never be outsourced to other companies.
Our guest-centric approach to safaris aim to achieve 3 goals:=
1. Send our guests home with a great experience.
2. Give our guests new knowledge and skills.
3. Provide our guests with amazing photographic opportunities.
We have only just began and will continue to strive to change the way our clients, staff and followers see the world.
Let’s Plan Your Experience
In order for us to start the process of planning your unique Wild Eye experience please take a few minutes to complete the form below.
Once I receive your information I will be in touch with more details and we will be one step closer to changing the way you see the world!
If you are looking for more ideas for private guided tour itineraries you can take a look at the various scheduled departure expeditions and tours on the Wild Eye website.
Change the Way You See the World
- Peace of mind: From the moment you start planning your private safari until you say goodbye I will be there with you every step of the way to make sure sure you don’t have to worry about anything other than enjoying your nature and wildlife experience.
- Continuity: Whether you are traveling to different destinations or you are returning for a second or third safari the continuity I will provide will make for a much more enjoyable and in depth wildlife experience.
- Company: You decide how many people you would like to travel with – either just yourself or travel with good friends and family – the choice is yours.
- Choice: I will work with you to customise everything from the level of accommodation to the destination and areas to visit in order to maximise the potential to see and photograph the key species on your list.
- Collaboration: Having worked and guided at many 5-star lodges and having traveled extensively throughout the world I understand the importance of collaborating with the local guides and lodge staff in order to create and mould your perfect safari.
- Accessibility: Since I will be with you throughout your safari so you won’t have to wait until game drive time to ask questions on wildlife and photography.
- Education: Whatever your level of photography you can be assured of leaving your private guided safari with new skills, techniques and inspiration. I am heavily involved in the various Wild Eye course and workshops and teaching forms a part of the offering on every private safari that I host.
- Time: Having the time to focus on the sightings and experiences that you want to focus is priceless and I will assist in maximising these moments in the field.
- Qualified: I have all the necessary FGASA qualifications and am very experienced in the guiding and hospitality industries – something I am truly proud of and believe makes a difference to the value that I bring to your safari.
- Fun: The Wild Eye ethos has always revolved around the enjoyment of the safari experience and when you mix this with a relaxed professionalism and true passion for nature you can be assured of an incredible and fun adventure with more than a few laughs.
- Wild Eye: As one of the co founders and directors of Wild Eye you can rest assured that, whether during the booking process or when we are out in the field, you have the backing of the most dynamic specialist travel operator in South Africa.